Flatware That Shines
Here’s a simple method for removing tarnish from silver and silver plate. If flatware has tarnished, the sparkle is easily restored without using polish or elbow grease. Yes, I still have a jar of Wright’s Silver Cream under the kitchen sink. (Incidentally, toothpaste will brighten silver jewelry.) Back to the flatware. Soaked in a salty, hot water bath flatware takes minutes to shed tarnish, and I’m all about getting dull jobs done quickly.
- Line a metal skillet with foil – press down to flatten.
- Add water and heat until hot – water needs to cover the flatware.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons baking soda & 1 teaspoon salt or,
- 2 Tablespoons of each.
- Add forks, spoons, knives, a few pieces at a time. Do not crowd.
- Remove and rinse in cool water.
* * *