Society Islands

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

In March I had a week of travel around French Polynesia’s Society Islands. I didn’t get into island or ship life, certainly not the way Capt. Cook or Marlon Brando did. More perplexing, I came up short on photo ops. Too many possibilities looked like calendar shots. That said, here are mine.

7 thoughts on “Society Islands

1. Philosophical Epiphanies April 24, 2016 / 3:50 pm

I started blogging this month, and it is a pleasure that I came across your blog.
    It has inspired me to start my next article.

2. susanenholm32 April 19, 2016 / 11:48 am

I would not go there again – too hot, humid, and sunny. I thought I would melt. In Tucson we have a dry heat. We were on a 7-day cruise and that became boring. Food and crew were great. One island looks just like the next island. . . some water activities, but not enough for a busy mind. The Florida Keys, the Bahamas, and Cayman Islands are much closer.

3. Giaskyler April 19, 2016 / 11:21 am

My dream is to go there one day. Beautiful place!

4. susanenholm32 April 18, 2016 / 12:34 pm

Thanks for noticing my trip photos. I was not comfortable in the islands and couldn’t get into finding the unique photo ops. I always admire your images. That’s from having an artistic eye for what makes a terrific image.

5. susanenholm32 April 16, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Thanks, dn. A long trip for climate and sea life found in the Florida Keys, the Bahamas, and other places closer to home.

6. smilecalm April 15, 2016 / 8:57 pm

how wonderful you had such an adventure!
    i’m happy to catch the shared glimpse 🙂